Our Truth About Swine Flu

It started on Tuesday morning, when Mr Moon-Junior came downstairs and complained about not feeling well at all. When I took his temperature, it was about 38,5°. So, I decided to let him stay at home for the day. Suddenly I had a lot to organize: who’s going to bring Miss Venus to Kindergarten and who can bring her back home? What about all the shopping I had to do? I managed to delegate most of it and was able to spend most of the day with Mr Moon-Junior.
Later that day I checked the symptoms of Swine Flu with the internet and found out: fever, coughing and a cold. Just as Mr Moon-Junior’s symptoms were. I called the pediatrician, but they only said that he should get fever juice, cough syrup and nose drops. The only problem was that the fever juice did not seem to reduce the fever really. During the night Mr Moon-Junior had some very strange nightmares and fever fantasies.
Mr Moon-Junior got fever juice in the morning and the fever went down significantly. Thank God, the fever juice seemed to be effective. Mr Moon-Junior was in a very good mood all morning. He had some pasta for lunch and no fever at all after lunch break. Then his granny arrived and spent the afternoon with him, while I took Miss Venus home from Kindergarten, went shopping and drove Miss Venus to her music class. I had a soar throat myself, but it got better after taking some medicine.
The second night was rather good, because Mr Moon-Junior hardly coughed and the fever juice seemed to work. Only, he woke up at 5 o’clock in the morning with an earache.
Mr Moon-Junior complained about an earache and he got fever juice to stop the earache. But then he had to cough very baldy and vomitted all the juice over me and our living room sofa. He spent the morning in his room and we played some games. I had to cough a lot myself and later I brewed a mixture of onions and sugar to stop the coughing – amazingly it worked.
Miss Venus came home from kindergarten at 4 o’clock. She was very tired and complained about a headache and a hot forehead. And she had a fever. So we spent the rest of the day in the living room, playing games and relaxing. Just before supper we phoned Mr Moon, whose birthday it was.
Then we went to bed early – both kids wanted to sleep in bed with me, very cosy and comfortably warm.
Day 4:
I woke up in the middle of the night because of a strong headache. I took some para/cetamol, but it did not seem to help really. Later I woke up, because both Mr Moon-Junior and Miss Venus coughed a lot and could not go back to sleep for some time.
In the early morning I knew I had to do something, because I realized I would not be able to get up. So, the first thing was to send Mr Moon a txt message – but the way from Munich back home is rather long and takes a while. The kids had breakfast in bed and I had a cup of tea and a banana. I felt weak and sick.
However, Mr Moon-Junior still had a high fever and complained about an earache. So I took some medicine (as/pirinCom/plex) and phoned the pediatrician when we could come. My neighbour came over to ask whether she could buy anything for me. How sweet!
The pediatrician confirmed Swine Flu and a otitis media. We got a prescription for antibiotics and went back home. The kids spent the rest of the morning on their mattresses looking out of the window and observing our neighbours moving out. I spent the rest of the morning in bed. I felt weak, sick and cold.
I don’t know how I managed to prepared some lunch, but the kids had a pizza.
In the afternoon I took some medicine again and got up to be able to go to my doctor as soon as Mr Moon arrived. Mr Doctor only gave me some other tablets against my headache and then I walked home. The next two days I spent mainly in bed.
Day 5:
Mr Moon-Junior felt better and had no fever anymore.
Day 6:
I felt slowly better, but still coughed a lot. Miss Venus still had a fever.
Day 7:
I had a bad coughing, but no fever and no headache at all. Miss Venus had only a temperature in the evening. We thought we would all be fine on the next day, but…
Day 8:
Miss Venus had a fever again. That’s why I went to the pediatrician with her in the afternoon. He said that the lungs were a bit narrowed and Miss Venus should inhale some medicine.
Day 9:
Miss Venus had no fever anymore and inhaled for the following 5 days.
Then, the swine flu was over – and Mr Moon did not get it.


Über msgoingtomoon

I am: -> Mother of two kids (Mr Moon-Junior and Miss Venus) -> married to Mr Moon -> mainly a single mother, because Mr Moon is working in Munich at the moment -> a teacher -> working in home office or at school -> interested in music, sports, books and arts -> singing in a choir -> not always patient -> able to shout and to whisper -> ....? Just ask at http://www.formspring.me/msgoingtomoon
Dieser Beitrag wurde unter Family Life, Mother's Life veröffentlicht. Setze ein Lesezeichen auf den Permalink.

Kommentar verfassen

Trage deine Daten unten ein oder klicke ein Icon um dich einzuloggen:


Du kommentierst mit Deinem WordPress.com-Konto. Abmelden / Ändern )


Du kommentierst mit Deinem Twitter-Konto. Abmelden / Ändern )


Du kommentierst mit Deinem Facebook-Konto. Abmelden / Ändern )

Google+ Foto

Du kommentierst mit Deinem Google+-Konto. Abmelden / Ändern )

Verbinde mit %s